Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WTF?

Since when did wizards start creating yellow watermelon?
Photobucket

I was at Whore Foods yesterday and grabbed the first of the season (that I'm aware of) California-grown organic watermelon and chopped it open as soon as I got home only to discover it's lemon colored flesh. Where have I been?
I'd like to think that I am a reasonably educated fruit and vegetable consumer. Thanks to the CSA, I've got frigging AGRETTI (a rarely seen, strange Italian vegetable of sorts) in my crisper right now. But I've never heard of this yellow watermelon business.

FYI: it pretty much tastes just like pink watermelon.
I don't now why I'm so worked-up/perplexed.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, kinda yummy looking actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like it would taste like pineapple. now my mouth is watering and i swear i can smell fruit.

    progress! usually i swear i can smell chocolate...

    ReplyDelete