Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weight? Wait!

Just saying that I haven't weighed myself in quite some time.

June has been a nutty one in the SeriouslyTMI household. Mainly because in the entire month of June I will have slept in my own bed around 10 or 11 times. Lots of on the road action. (Just my usual west coast rotation, but seemingly on crack. How many times does one need to go to AZ in a month? Apparently twice. Plus San Francisco. Plus LA. Plus Seattle. Plus San Diego. Plus Portland with my boss.) At least my numbers are up!

Things that have been going well:
1. I have been getting 4-5 super sweaty workouts in per week
Yes, I'd like to bump that up to 5-6, but let's start somewhere. I'v even done a couple of double deckers: 60 minutes of crazy cardio in the am, followed by 45 minutes of sweaty weights in the pm. This will not impress my ridiculous tri friends, but it is a feat of strength for me.

2. I've been a decent on the road eater, opting for grilled portobello sandwiches (hold the cheese, please!), mixed greens, veggie wrap w/hummus, grilled fish with steamed broccoli, etc.... not too shabby!

3. I've noticed that my general mood and energy levels are UP. I know this happens whenever I'm exercising regularly, but still, it is one super fabulous side-effect.

Needs improvement:
1. DRINKING! Whenever I travel, I am usually dining with colleagues/clients/prospects and these people are DRINKERS! Which... I am too... so it makes resistance tough. Do I get extra points for getting up at 5:45am WICKEDLY hungover to go hiking before my conference in Flagstaff Arizona? Well I did. I puked all afternoon afterwards, and ordered a grilled cheese from room service that night, but dammit, I hiked.

2. Let's up the sweatfests, eh? New minimum: 5X week

3. Homegirl needs to drink more water. I would bet that I only get about 32-50 oz daily. I feel guilty buying bottled water on the road, so I bring a Sigg, but some places have some seriously bad tap water (LA and Scottsdale, I'm talkin' to you!). I try to remember to take the Sigg into to Starbucks with me to get my Venti coffee, as they have triple filtered water at every 'Bucks location, but I am forgetful. Maybe I should buy one of those Sigg-like contraptions that have a built-in filter??

4. I stopped journaling somewhere in there. Yeah, a doozie.

5. Note to self: you do not, I repeat you DO NOT have to buy a coconut-chocolate chip cookie each and every time you pass a Paradise Bakery. Really, you just fucking don't.

So there you have it.
I haven't weighed myself in a LOOOOONG time. How 'bout I do in on Friday, mmmmmkay?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I have same drinking sitch. Especially when I travel for work, which is like ALL THE TIME. I've cut it down to 2 x per week and it seems to help. Although the other day, after a really hard workout and day in the sun - I got SUPER hung over/puking after only 4 glasses of wine. WTH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine vice is dessert. I can forgo the alchie (most days, except for days when I buy a house then, I drink half a bottle of champagne). I have a hard time cutting the carbs and sweets.

    I'm definitely impressed by your working out---with my bum leg (did I send you pics of my alien leg monster?) I can't run and it's been a challenge to get anything in.

    ReplyDelete