Thursday, April 22, 2010

So I guess I am back to blogging now

What prompted my decision to be a blogger, once again, you ask? Guess.

The Gap.

(Did you guess correctly?)
I was cruising their website and was so upset by what I saw. I told both Maude and Morty (the dogs) about the decidedly strange direction that The Gap's creative director has taken, but they seemed unfazed. I then realized I needed a new audience for my oh-so-profound thoughts.
Enter: YOU! (You lucky dog, err, person, you!)

Can we please talk about this?
Photobucket
Very Nicki Grant/Yearning for Zion on a slutty, arm-baring day!
And the size zero, twelve year old model looks, dare I say, kinda tubby?

Now, let's move on over to this little number, circa 1991:
Photobucket
My best friend in 6th grade wore something similar on picture day, except I think she had the guts to unhook one strap (a la New Kids on the Block) to really pump up the style factor.

I used to have one of these in the early 90s, just prior to my Cross Colors/hip hop wannabe phase:
Photobucket

And finally, there are no words:
Photobucket
Okay, I found some words - I have something very similar in our costume box in the garage.

Dear Gap,

You do the basics REALLY well. And I love your jammies! Heck, I even love your swimwear! No one can argue with your strengths.
But please, don't try to be "edgy", it just doesn't suit you. Can't we all agree that the best thing to come out of the 90s was the hip flannel shirt, and you already did that last fall (decently, I might add!), so perhaps we should have ended on a high note and left that decade alone for the spring/summer collection.
I'm serious. This needs to stop.

Thanks!
Me



Digest and discuss.

1 comment:

  1. Morty, as in the adorable mutt I've threatened to dognap?!

    Could it be... is it YOU?! :)

    Dear, Gap: I'm not in Baptist school anymore. I no longer require the denim uniforms. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete